Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today I begin a new career

I have been investigating a teaching job here in Thailand. By Thai standards I can make vast amounts of money. Well, a lot. I have been talking with a company here that places teachers. Some of the pay schemes I have seen are 20 hours a week at 20,000b per month. That's around $600USD. As the dollar weakens the pay goes up. To this end I have begun an online course called TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). The class costs $295USD and lasts about 4 weeks. A new unit of instruction is sent to me everyday (if I want it that way) and I complete a work sheet and send it back to an online tutor that grades and comments. At the end I get a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certification. I completed my first unit today. I wish I were back in Japan. I know that this could be quite lucrative there.

No comments:

Post a Comment