Saturday, September 12, 2009

Internet is installed




Finally today they installed my Internet. I have been waiting 2 months. I actually had to move to a new house closer to the city because they said where I was in the country it could take a year or more. They had simply run out of phone numbers where I was and I had to wait till someone died (or quit paying for their Internet) before I could get online. In the mean time out there I had "borrowed" Internet from a neighbor. As a reward I paid for her Internet and gave her a wireless router so I could connect from my house about 30 meters away. But today they came by and rolled out about 100 meters of wire down the street. Climbed up their bamboo ladders in amongst the electrical wires and ran me my own cable. Now Ta-Da, I have internet. Now I can get back to the blogging and maybe even do some more work for BaxTek. I have much to write about. I have been busy getting visas setup so I do not get booted out of the country. I will write about what it takes to stay in this country. Remember I have about 50 entries now. Click on the pick for "Older Posts" when you get to the bottom of this page to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment