Saturday, September 12, 2009

Litter bugs







I remember being here 40 years ago. Everyone just threw their trash out the nearest window. If it landed on a neighbor's roof or in their yard... Oh. Well. Things have gotten better. There are people paid to clean the streets. But generally people are still litter bugs. I have been trying to teach those around me to put trash into a trash receptacle and now they do as long as they are around me. It is common practice, however, to use your neighbor's vacant lot to dispose of trash, yard clippings, and construction debris. I went for a walk today. It would be a beautiful walk if there was no trash there! Plastic it the major culprit. Thais love their plastic bags. Time was when they used banana leaves to wrapup the food they sell. Banana leaves break down and disappear. Plastic however...

No comments:

Post a Comment