Thursday, September 24, 2009





This morning, for breakfast, I had something called "pat priku aut". It is rice with a stir fry pork, pepper and onion on top. Wow was this hot! But hot is nothing to Thais. Outside my window on the street is a big pepper bush that has peppers that will burn your face off. The lady in the food shop across the street comes over and picks a few peppers every morning. I can just reach out my window and get them. When I need to make a food order at the shop, I just open my window and order across the street. Within minutes my order is ready to be picked up. I use her plates and bring them back later. Thai fried rice costs me 30 baht or about $1. I'm pretty sure she over charges me because I am a foreigner. Udon Thani, Thailand, Issan

No comments:

Post a Comment