Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I walk



























I walked to Ban Don Wai today. It is about one mile to this sleepy country town from my house. I bought 2 watermelons there and walked back. Here are the pictures I took along the way. Dale, I took pictures of a couple of the milkweed plants again. Two things came out of that. 1. I found the typical orange aphids on the plants and 2. I found an egg on the underside of a leaf. I saw an orangeish butterfly hanging around. It was about 1/3 the size of a Monarch and not patterned like the Monarch. Also I found a clump of Milkweed about 12 feet high. Also found along the trip: baby Water Buffalo bathing in a mud hole, a rice field nearing harvest, a lumber mill, a dead snake, a narrow dirt road, roosters being raised under baskets and the town of Ban Don Wai. I will dump the pictures here. Ban Don Wai, Udon Thani, Issan, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment