Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I made Chili

Thai food from this area, for the most part, isn't so good. This area is poor and the quality of EVERYTHING is sub standard by my usual measure. But... When a farang makes food the Thais usually hate it. It is what you are used to. Stephan (the Swede) told me about a guy that lived in my house before named Frank. Frank was from the USA. Frank decided to make a spaghetti sauce and noodles for the locals. He worked for hours on it an nobody would eat it. Today I made chili. I found real red beans and canned tomato paste at the Big C department store. On a previous trip I brought an envelope of the Chili seasoning from the USA in my luggage. So it was used. I got a little ground beef and some not hot peppers and a tomato. put it all together and had some chili. It came out OK but not too special and was a bit too tomatoy. Suda gave it a try. She just dipped the end of a fork in the bowl and tasted just a drop. Humm.... She tried a bit more. Then she went and got a bowl and dug in. She actually liked it but got a belly ache later. Ha! See farang food ain't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment