Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Farang

Farang = foreigner but it is pronounced Falong. Over the weekend I met a Swedish guy named Stephan. He was having a beer in the local eatery. I joined him and talked a while. I found out he lives close by. Before we departed we agreed to go to the next town south of here called Noon Soon the next day (that was Sunday). He showed up with a motorcycle and we took off. We met up with an English guy named Frank. He has a place called the Bamboo Gardens. Frank has been in Thailand 23 years. His Bamboo Gardens has a few bungalo type rooms and a house. In the center is a beautiful pool and gardens. It's a nice spot. http://www.udonmap.com/bamboogarden/ The rooms at Bamboo Garden are 450b per day,
day to day. It can be cheaper if you stay a long time. (450b = about $13-$14USD)
We stayed a few or more hours and drank a few beers with Frank. Then we left and got in a tremendous rain storm. We had to stop and find a resturant and get another beer of course. I finally got back to my house about 5 hours later. I'm sure I will see more of Stephan. I'm glad to find another English speaker close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment